I have a confession to make…
I AM a professional Consultant and Business Writer…that’s what I do…full time…really!
I haven’t always been a consultant…in fact, I’ve been Sales and Marketing VP for several high tech firms, Director of IT for a NYSE firm, a management consultant, a sales trainer, a successful real estate broker, and President of several high tech startup firms.
Not the ideal background for the Great American Novel…but perfect if you want ads that sell or technical manuals that work.
So take a look at my credentials…if you think I can help on your next project, give me a call…I’d love to hear from you!
Michael Leonard & Co. has the knowledge and experience that you are looking for:
Business Ownership and Management
- Our principal, Mike Leonard has personally started, bought, and/or sold six businesses; including a high tech software firm, a direct mail dealer in imported cookware, a sales and motivational seminar and training company, and a multi-office real estate brokerage firm.
- He spent many years as a Principal and Consultant with a major international consulting firm (American Management Systems, Inc – Washington, DC) before founding his own consulting firm with clients like Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (Freddie Mac), Pulte Home Corp,Schering Plough, and GTE.
- As founder and President of Amercan Business Services, Inc (Denver, CO), he was retained by nationally recognized clients including University of Denver – School of Business, Samsonite Corp, System Innovations Corp, and Accerlr8 Corp.
Brokerage, Start-up and Venture Capital
- He served as a consultant to the Boulder High-Tech Incubator (Boulder,CO) where he worked with 20 high-tech start-ups to prepare business plans, funding presentations and locate venture capital investors.
- In recent years, he has been retained to perform brokerage, funding,and/or consulting services for numerous firms and individuals including:Wilcom Graphic Applications (Sydney AUS), International Computer Concepts Inc., Stoneville Furniture, Lightseam Technologies, Inc.,Webtech Technologies, and Southland Properties.
- He worked with numerous national franchises in site selection and acquisition brokerage, including Arby’s, Domino’s Pizza, and Pappa John’s Pizza.
- Mike Leonard was selected:
- “Who’s Who in Sales and Marketing” – 1987
- “Who’s Who in Advertising” – 1989
- “Who’s Who in International Business” – 1994
- He hosted the weekly radio program “The Real Estate Corner” 1997-98
- Current or Past Member:
- American Marketing Association
- Direct Mail Association
- American Management Association
- National, state, and local real estate associations
- Addressed by Invitation:
- Speaker at IBM’s “New Business Institutes” in Chicago, Denver,and Minneapolis
- Presented “Business to Business” seminars with IBM in Wash DC, Tampa, and Detroit.
- Speaker at “Greening the Bottom-Line”, a national business-environmental conference sponsored by EPA and Dept of Commerce (Denver)
- Speaker at “Hi-Tech Textiles ’92”, an international textile equipment trade show (Greenville)
- “Break-out” Speaker at National Association of Homebuilders – National Convention – 1988
- Mike Leonard was selected:
Areas of Expertise
Knowledge is Power…
We can provide consulting assistance in many business specialties… but here are some areas that you might find particularly interesting:
Sales and Marketing
Small Business Management
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Interviewing and Hiring
Small Business Financing
We also have years of experience in a number of industries including:
Systems and High Technology